Farmland Flax Cookie
|1 1/3 cups butter |
|1 ¼ cups granulated sugar |
|2 1/3 cups flax seed |
|3 large eggs |
|1 ½ tsp vanilla |
|1 tbsp baking soda |
|3 ½ cups all-purpose flour |
|3 cups oatmeal |
|1 ½ cups lightly packed brown sugar |
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars; add flax seed.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and vanilla together. Combine with flax mixture.
- Sift together the flour and soda. Mix in oatmeal and combine with other ingredients.
- Form dough into 4 cm (1 Ѕ inch) round logs. Place in freezer and chill.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Slice into .5 cm (1/4 inch) medallions.
- Place on baking sheet leaving about 5 cm (2 inches) between cookies.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from sheet and cool.
*NOW items available at your local health food store