Mango and Pineapple Crumble
Adapted from Vegetarian Times, June 2008
This home style dessert gets a tropical twist with spiced mangoes and pineapple. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
|1/2 cup all-purpose flour |
|1/3 cup NOW Real Food® Rolled Oats*|
|1/4 cup plus 3 Tbs. packed light brown sugar, divided |
|1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided |
|3/4 tsp. grated nutmeg, divided |
|1/4 tsp. ground allspice, divided |
|1/4 tsp. salt |
|5 Tbsp. butter, divided |
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Raw Pecans*|
|2 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Unsweetened Organic Shredded Coconut*|
|3 mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch cubes (2 1/2 cups) |
|1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch cubes (2 1/2 cups) |
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat 8-inch square glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, 1/8 tsp. allspice, and salt.
- Add 4 Tbsp. butter and rub with fingertips until mixture forms coarse meal.
- Press together until mixture begins to form moist clumps.
- Stir in pecans and coconut.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, 3/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, and 1/8 tsp. allspice.
- Add mangoes and pineapple, and toss to coat.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish; dot top with remaining 1 Tbsp. butter.
- Sprinkle oat topping over mango mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and juices bubble.
- Cool 10 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (optional).
17.5g Total Fat (5.5g Sat. Fat)
*NOW items available at your local health food store