Fig & Wild Rice Chicken Salad
From Valley Fig Growers. View other delicious fig recipes on their website at www.valleyfig.com
Figs are rich in complex carbohydrates and dietary fiber and a wealth of essential minerals, such as calcium, potassium, and iron.
- In medium saucepan, bring 2 and ¼ cups water to a boil, then add brown and wild rice. Cover and reduce heat to low; cook 55 minutes until water is absorbed and rice is done. Cool.
- Remove stems from figs and quarter.
- In large blow combine yogurt, green onion, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and lemon peel.
- Stir in rice, chicken, pecans and figs.
- Refrigerate until serving.
*NOW items available at your local health food store