Sweet Potato Casserole
Adapted from Taste for Life Magazine, November 2009
Makes 10-12 servings
|6 large sweet potatoes|
|1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, packed in juice|
|1 tsp. ground cinnamon|
|1 to 3 Tbsp. sesame oil|
|1/2 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Pecans*|
- Bake sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet at 375 degrees for about an hour or until done.
- When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half, and scoop out flesh, discarding the skin.
- Mash sweet potato with masher or an electric mixer on low until smooth.
- Add pineapple and juice, plus cinnamon and oil; mix well.
- Spoon mixture into lightly oiled casserole or 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts on top.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
2 g protein
27 g carbohydrates
4 g fiber
5 g total fat
33 mg sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store